Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sew Crafty Saturday: Before and After



I am in love with this little dresser! I asked my friend Amy if I could rescue it from her trash pile. She said yes, and here is what it has become. Dan did all the hard work for me: cleaning, sanding, repainting, and attaching the new knobs from Anthropologie. I used Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts as a template and guide for the birdies. Her book is quite amazing; I borrowed it from the library along with her newer Encyclopedia of Sewing. They are definitely worth checking out. I used Modge Podge to attach the birds and the top piece, and lined the insides of the drawers with oil cloth. The dresser is in our bedroom right now, but could easily move in to either of the girls rooms. Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

  1. That is really a sweet makeover! Love the shape of the chest - very clean and you finished it very well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete