Monday, June 13, 2011

Misc. Monday: Playhouse Part 2


This is the view from the front door of our new playhouse. I used Velspar paint samples to paint some of the beams and fabric from my stash. The curtain came with Iris' crib bedding set (We never used it). We spent no more than $50 on this shed conversion. I'm amazed at how nicely everything came together!
This frame housed a different picture in our bedroom that I had grown tired of, so I used it to frame this stamped piece of scrapbook paper instead.

This is a "Land of Nod" craft table that Grammy and Papa picked up for us at a thrift store. The # buckets and stools are new from Ikea. I wasn't thrilled with the color of the stools, but once I went through my fabric stash, I realized that the green was a perfect color to go with the pink florals I had on hand.

The girls really enjoy the loft. It is quite cozy filled with blankets, stuffed animals and books. Dan picked up the little doggies on the back wall at an estate sale a while back.

Fresh paint, fake flowers from the Dollar Tree, and pinwheels give the window boxes a new, cheerful look.

This little quiet corner is located behind the craft table.

These name canvases are my favorite craft project in the playhouse. All I did was cut the letters out of left over fabric from the bunting and hot glued them to the canvases. The girls had a blast putting their hand in pink paint!  I got the doilies at Joann's with a coupon, and used a coupon at Michael's for the canvases.

I nailed up yard sticks and used a hot glue gun to attach the clothes pins. These ABC cards were in Lilly's room and are now located right under the loft.

I'm not sure this is what Tuff Shed had in mind!

Working on this playhouse has brought me so much joy. It's 70-80% done and the girls are already playing in it everyday. I still have to make curtains for the front door, a ladder needs to be built, and I'm talking Dan into building a little deck out front to make a porch complete with a free standing mailbox.

8 comments:

  1. ooooo I really want to come hang out in there! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! any child (or adult) would love to play in there! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! it's adorable. you did a fabulous job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is just as cute as the girls. Bet Maddie will love playing in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO Cute! My daughter is in bed but I know she would be jealous!
    a new blogger at... http://gluegunsanddryerlint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete