Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sew Crafty Saturday: Rainbow Party Mode


Found the "beyond wonderland" font at http://www.dafont.com/ and the little cloud printable at http://www.paperglitter.com/. There's an entire free rainbow party printable kit there. The cloud is supposed to be a cupcake topper, and there are some hats, water bottle labels, and different invitations in the kit. I didn't use much of it, but it's a great resource! 

I plan on using these little goodies as an inexpensive garland.
Dan's got a lot of blowing to do!


I always make a birthday themed wreath for the front door ...this one is partially done. I made my own water bottle
labels using that cool new font I downloaded. The babies are getting the bubble candy favors,
while the big kids are getting the wikki stix with rainbow candy.
 
I decided to go with a different shape for the birthday banners besides the trusty triangles I always use. It was super easy to make. I used a paper cutter to make the rectangles, folded one in half, cut a slit from corner to middle,
and used that one as a template for the rest.
We celebrated my niece turning 2 today, and my sister did a wonderful job planning her “Olivia” party. It got me thinking that with only one week away, I have a lot to do for Lilly’s 5th birthday party next week.

    Lilly is very particular in her old age, and asked me for a rainbow party with a face painter. I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere this year, but she was not interested in the least. The girl knows what she likes!
    She settled on the rainbow theme while at Disneyland. When she was younger she would pitch a fit if she didn’t get the pink caterpillar on the Alice and Wonderland ride. A few months later while we were in line, she said, “I don’t care what color I get anymore. The rainbow is my favorite color.” So mature, right? About a week later, she informed me that her birthday party would be rainbows this year. Sounded great to me, especially after I did a little search and found tons of pictures and ideas. Better stop typing and get to work!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it's going to be a supercute party! I really want to throw my daughter a rainbow party, but she wants a Mickey Mouse party :-( I would love to see what an Olivia party looks like! Does your sister blog?! (My daughter is now obsessed with Olivia).

    ReplyDelete