Monday, December 23, 2013

Misc. Monday: Holly Jolly Christmas


 



 I made our advent calendar many years ago. We read a verse from the Bible each night describing the miraculous birth of Jesus, and there is a little card in each pockets that lists an activity we are going to do that day. Some are as simple as "celebrate Lilly's birthday" or "draw 5 special things we have done this month," while with others I have to be sure we can accomplish the task on that specific day, like "go for a drive and look at Christmas lights" or "visit Sea World" can not happen on school nights. I wrote them all out in my calendar so I knew what was coming up, and even wound up switching a few. This has been our most fun December to date. I never felt stressed and the kids were excited and happy every day.




 
The girls and I have been having a lot of fun with my mom the last few weekends. Sea World in December is so much fun! They have snow the kids can play in, and a very handsome Santa to visit. We also went to Disney on Ice. Grandma spoiled the girls with treats and we danced, laughed, and clapped our hearts out. The show was so good. And who knows, maybe the boy can come with us next year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I have to remember Sea World next year! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete