Friday, July 18, 2014

Picnic Blanket or Table Cloth











I've been laying low at home this week because I am dealing with a bit of skin cancer. I had a spot biopsied in the beginning of the month and found out it was melanoma, stage 0. We are not worried, but need to have it taken care of. My first visit to the dermatologist included four spots of basal cell carcinoma being burned off with liquid nitrogen (ouch), and two more spots sent out to be biopsied. One of which was a large black freckle that has been under the side of my nose for as long as I can remember. I'm a little bummed to not have my freckle anymore, but suppose that is a little silly. Later today, I go back for a 45 minute procedure to further excise the melanoma on my arm. I will have skin checks every six months from now on for who knows how long, and I feel very blessed that I found it as early as I did.
During one of Henry's naps, the girls and I decided to paint an old bedspread from Ikea. I painted the string and outlined each pennant, then they painted the triangles in. I wrote "The Michaels" in the center, and love how it turned out. Now we just can't decide if it is a tablecloth or a picnic blanket, or both!

1 comment:

  1. i haven't seen the new table in your kitchen. luv the tablecloth! and luv u. so glad it is all under control and no more worries!

    ReplyDelete