Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Road Trip Boxes











Since we are spending so much time in the car this summer, I decided to put together some road trip boxes for the kids and I began my research on Pinterest, of course. I bought two 12x12 boxes used for storing scrapbook paper from Michaels craft store and after writing each girls name on the front, I had fun filling them up. 

Each box includes:
personal snacks and gum
a leap pad with new games installed (and batteries)
a ball of yarn for finger knitting
pipe cleaners for creating
stickers, shrinky dinks, sewing cards, sticky notes
coloring sheets I downloaded from wee society
road trip bingo, license plate & restaurant scavenger hunts, white paper*
*these were placed in sheet protectors so they could be used again and again
a zipper pouch filled with crayons, white board markers, erasers cut out of felt, scissors, pencils, and pens

I made Henry a simplified version, and I have to say they have been a success. We did not watch one movie, and the kids were super excited. The mini art galleries on the car windows are by far my favorite, and Dan and Lilly really bonded while looking for license plates. Once we get out of the car, I take the boxes away and save them for our next road trip. This has made them look forward to our next excursion, and putting them together beforehand makes packing for the car a breeze.

1 comment: