Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Largest Quilt yet, Three Years in the Making








I did it! I have been working on this quilt for three, count them, three summers. The first summer, I cut the pieces and worked on the front and the back sides of the giant quilt (noun).
Last summer, I had the privilege of using my friend's long arm machine to quilt (verb) the front to the back.
This summer, I trimmed it, made the binding, and attached it using my sewing machine for every step. I have always hand stitched the back of the binding to a quilt, but I felt like that would take another summer, so I tried something new. I'm not totally pleased with how it turned out since the stitches are visible, but I think I learned a few things which is always a plus and IT IS FINISHED.

1 comment:

  1. its beautiful. my question is where do you store all of these quilts and how do you decide which to use?

    ReplyDelete