Monday, October 27, 2014

October fest!



 
 
 
 
Octoberfest began with the girls' Fall Festival on Friday. I volunteered to decorate two pumpkins for Lilly's class and to work a shift in Iris' game both with ah good friend. The pumpkins were raffled off to raise money for the school. Dan stayed home with the boy, and my mom came with me. It was such a fun night filled with sweets, laughter, and games, and stayed a lot longer that we had planned.





 
Saturday night, we went to Pumpkin Glow in Irvine where 1500 jack 'o' lanterns were lit in a continuous line, breaking the old world record. It was super crowded, parking and traffic were a bear, but it was so worth it. A police officer who was directing traffic said the event expected 4,000 people, but it looked like 10,000 came out. Henry slept the entire time and the girls were super sweet to each other. The littles fell asleep on the drive home, so Dan took me to Kean coffee. I tired their yummy Turkish coffee and Lilly got a steamed vanilla milk. She was so happy to be awake with her parents. I wanted to freeze the moment. They are growing up so fast.
 







Sunday morning, we went to the pumpkin patch to play some games, pet some animals, take some pictures, and ride some rides. Everyone had a blast and I bought our pumpkins at Sprouts!
It was a whirlwind of a weekend, with two birthday parties, a soccer game, church, and a 31 bags party thrown in, but I wouldn't change a thing!
 

1 comment: