Saturday, February 21, 2015

39 and Counting!





 
I turned thirty-nine last Saturday, and it feels surreal. I have no problem sharing my age, and don't plan on turning "twenty-nine" every year, but it still feels a bit strange. There are mornings when I wake up and wonder, "How do I have a husband, a house, and three kids?" Life is weird, hard, and lovely. As the years go by, I find myself quicker to forgive and say sorry, much more able to admit I don't know something and that I could be wrong... I'm not as certain about things as I used to be. Yet, there are some things that I am so certain of, I would bet my life on them, like the love of Jesus.
I need to make lists in order to survive, and without my calendar, I would be lost! Words can not express the love I feel for my few good friends, friends who know my heart and constantly extend me grace. I still talk too much and do too many things at once. I yell at my kids, and snap at my husband. They still love me, and I am so blessed. I've started practicing yoga and would like to have more peaceful moments. I am so glad I decided to tattoo 1 Thess. 5:16-18 on my foot: "Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." This is how I want to live out the next 39 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment