Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Little Valentines & My Forever Valentine

 

 

 
 





 
Every Valentine's Day, Dan gets me a dozen red roses and gives one to each girl (2012). As Henry gets older, Dan is going to include him in this ritual, so that Henry learns how to be a gentleman. I love and appreciate Dan so much for his thoughtfulness and intentionality. He really is an amazing father.
Next, was our annual scavenger hunt. Lilly was the reader. Iris was the problem solver, and Henry was the runner. Each clue revolved around a family member, and was a little harder than the year before. The gifts are small and insignificant, but the share finale gift this year was the new Taylor Swift CD (which is another blog post). The kids were so very excited. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up with how much they are growing up!
 

 
That night we went out to dinner with some dear friends, enjoyed good food, drinks and lots of laughter. Dan surprised me with gorgeous earrings to match my anniversary ring. I was very surprised. Being loved by this man is such a treat. He is patient, quick to forgive, and takes the best care of his family. I am one blessed woman!


2 comments:

  1. you are all the perfect family! so lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. Dan is a great guy, but he is pretty lucky too! Your children are almost like mine.

    ReplyDelete