Saturday, April 25, 2015

Little Seamstress




Even as a toddler, Lilly didn't really like to play with toys. She says they are boring. She likes to organize her toys, dress her dolls, and set up parties, but she doesn't really play. She loves to read, write stores, and do crafts. Lately, she has developed a love of sewing and I can not tell you how happy this makes me! We started by making a needle case together. I showed her a few hand stitches, gave her some supplies and some instruction books. A few days later, I bought her a box to store her sewing supplies in and she's really taken to it. The other afternoon, I came home from work and found her in her room listing to Taylor Swift, sewing gnomes and felt monsters, and looking closer to 15 than her 8 years. Time is not my friend. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for her, it will be a great way to express herself. I used to do the same thing when I was her age.

    ReplyDelete