Monday, August 24, 2015

Third Grade









 
 
 
 
Dear Lilly,
     It's hard to believe you are in the third grade. It seems like just last week we brought you home from the hospital. I remember staring at you for hours, smiling at the slightest twitch. You have grown so much, both physically and emotionally. Your legs go on for days, and your smile lights up the darkest room. You have such an independent spirit, yet you still need us for more than you realize. You often do things on your own, and come to us when it doesn't work out. I don't mind; I'm the same way, but it can be a hard way, and it breaks my heart to watch you get angry at yourself when you mess up. You are learning what it means to be truly sorry. I love it when you take my hand. Watching you play soccer, sew and draw, giggle with your friends, and read to Iris and Henry brings me so much joy. You are amazing, and I'm so glad God gave you to us. I pray everyday that you make friends who will inspire you to be kind. I pray that you always believe that Jesus loves you and that you take full advantage of His grace. I know you will be hurt in this world, but I pray that you know deep down in your core just how much Mommy and Daddy love you. We are proud of you, sweet Lilly!
 Enjoy this year,
Mom
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. what great letters for both of your girls. so well written. and you nailed every aspect of their personalities. good job mama!

    ReplyDelete